Looking for an easy way to determine what your skin needs? First, have you figured out what kind of skin you have? Here is an easy breakdown for different types of skin:
- Face Scrub: This will help with exfoliation. Depending on your preference, you can use the face scrub daily or less frequently.
- Moisturizer: An everyday face cream will help lock in moisture all day.
- Face Mask: Use a face mask weekly or twice per month to help draw toxins from the skin, reduce the appearance of blackheads, and give your skin a fresh, healthy glow.
- Face Cleanser/Moisturizing Bar Soap: These will be less harsh on your skin while still cleaning it.
- Day Cream: You’ll need a daytime moisturizer formulated for dry skin to help manage your dry areas.
- Night Cream: A nice heavy night cream will help replenish your skin cells while you sleep. This will also make the day cream’s job easier when the two are used together.
- Face Mask: Certain face masks formulated for dry skin will help remove toxins from the skin without leaving your skin dry and flaky.
- Face Scrub: Oily skin needs constant exfoliation. Use a face scrub at least three times per week to remove excess oils.
- Moisturizer: An everyday face cream for oily skin will help keep excess oil under control throughout the day.
- Face Mask: Clay masks are great for oily skin, especially if French Green Clay is used. Clay masks will draw out oils and toxins from the skin leaving a smooth matte finish.
By Megan Vick