By Megan Vick
This recipe for Lavender Lemon Vegan Cheesecake by Emily von Euw featured One Green Planet looks and sounds delicious! I know what I’ll be doing with my Saturday night! I wonder how it will pair with my Lavender Lemon Lip Balm (shameless plug).
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1.5 cups nuts (soaked walnuts and almonds)
- 3 cups cashews (soaked 3-4 hours)
- 3/4 cups lemon juice
- 2/3 cups agave or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-3 tsp dried lavender (depending on how much you like lavender)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean pod
- Surround the inside of a cake pan with wax paper or plastic wrap
- Process dates and nuts together until you get a rough, sticky mixture that you can pat down with your hands into the bottom of the cake ban. Do so. Set in fridge.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy
- Pour onto crust in cake pan and set in freezer or fridge until it has desired hardness (probably 3-5 hours or overnight)
- Take out of cake pan holding the wax paper or plastic wrap and put on your favorite plate
- Slice and enjoy
We cannot wait to try this cheesecake! Here’s Emily’s Rawsome Vegan Baking cookbook for you to check out too!