By Megan Vick
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here’s a delicious Food Friday for Pina Colada Popsicles – just in time for your weekend festivities. One of our favorite-est places in the world is Native Foods Cafe and this recipe hails from the genius minds behind NFC. Check out the Vegan Pina Colada Popsicle post on OneGreenPlanet and try it out this weekend!
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 1 whole banana
- 3 tbsp. agave nectar
- 1½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. rum, or ½ tsp. rum extract (optional)
- 1½ tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1 cup raspberries, for color (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a blender (except shredded coconut and raspberries) and blend until smooth.
- Stir in shredded coconut and raspberries (optional).
- Pour mixture in popsicle molds and insert sticks. Or, pour into ice cube trays and insert toothpicks.
- Freeze until solid.
Enjoy & Namaste!