By Megan Vick
Just in time for Memorial Day weekend cookouts and family get togethers, this Creamy Lemon Herb Dressing is great on salads, drizzled over chilled pasta with veggies, or as a stand-alone dip! Try it and you’ll be mesmerized by how delicious and how truly vegan it is!! Yummy! The original recipe can be found here.
CREAMY LEMON HERB DRESSING
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- a few strands chives, broken into 1 inch pieces
- a few sprig leaves fresh dill
- a few sprig tops fresh cilantro and/or parsley
- dash or two garlic powder
- dash or two onion powder
- Himalayan salt to taste
- 1/3 cup water, plus more as needed for thinning
- Using a blender, I used the magic bullet for this, combine ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Taste for flavor adding anything extra to suit your taste…more lemon?…more herbs?…more garlic or onion powder?
- Chill before serving. Makes about 5 servings.
- Store in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to a week.
Enjoy! Have a safe weekend!